What is Korean BBQ?
This post contains affiliate links.
A Korean BBQ is downright scrumptious. If you’ve never tried it, then you’re missing out. All you need is some freshly cut meat- bulgogi is a popular choice – a smokeless grill, some succulent marinade and a small table with some friends and family to share the experience. If you really want to do it the Korean way, prepare some kimchi, radish and lettuce wraps to supplement your meal. Don’t forget the rice and soju too. The side dishes – banchan in Korean, along with the tenderised meat, are the star of the show at a Korean BBQ. So if you really want to pull out all the stops then you should get lot’s of them.
Having a Korean BBQ at home is fun. It’s not that difficult either. I think the hardest part is spending some money on some tenderised cuts of meat and finding a decent grill to cook them on.
To help you have the best BBQ experience, I’ve picked out the very best grills on the market today. Let’s breakdown the best Korean BBQ for your home.
- What is Korean BBQ?
- The Best Grill for Korean BBQ For Home
- 1. Elite Gourmet EMG-980B
- 2. Techef – Stovetop Korean BBQ Non-Stick Grill Pan
- 3. Maple Hot Pot
- 4. Weber 121020 Go-Anywhere Charcoal Grill
- 5. Food Party 2 in 1 Electric Smokeless Grill and Hot Pot
- 6. Presto 09020 Cool Touch Electric Indoor Grill
The Best Grill for Korean BBQ For Home
Top Rated Korean BBQ Grill
$36.99 View on Amazon
Best-selling Korean BBQ Grill
$81.99 View on Amazon
Best Korean BBQ For The Family
$129.99 View on Amazon
Best Korean BBQ For The Garden
$47.51 View on Amazon
$139.99 View at Amazon
Most affordable Korean BBQ grill
$34.99 View at Amazon
How to Make Korean BBQ at home
Choosing The Best Korean BBQ
Choosing the best grill to cook Korean BBQ on at home is hard. For most people you want a grill made of excellent material. One that can heat fast and then hold its temperature. Cleaning and maintaining your grill is also important, so you want one that is easy to take apart and clean. Let’s take a quick look on what to pay attention too.
Design and materials for your Korean BBQ
- Materials: The best Korean BBQ grills will be the most durable and therefore longer lasting ones. Some of the best materials to look out for are aluminum, teflon (PTFE) coating, steel, and ones that have non-stick bodies.
- Power Source: If you’re cooking inside your home, you shouldn’t buy a charcoal grill as this is going to produce lethal amounts of smoke. Go for an Electric or gas powered one.
- Size: You want a grill that is big enough for your party but also small enough to fold away for next time.
- Dishwasher safe: Some may want to take apart their BBQ grill and put it into the dishwasher. Not all grills are dishwasher safe, so look out for this in the description.
If you want to see more reviews from whattodoinkorea, check out,